The artVISION show is open to all K-12 students in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County.
Hi JFH Artists! You've seen me around now for about four weeks, but maybe you're wondering, Who is this Ms. Rheinheimer?? Well, here's 5 fun facts about your student teacher:
1) I go to Eastern Mennonite University, and it's really great. You should keep that in the back of your mind for when you start applying to colleges.
2) My first student teaching placement was in an elementary school, so you all seem so grown up! It has been very enjoyable to get to talk about art on a deeper level and do more detailed and technical projects together.
3) I grew up in Alexandria, Virginia, right outside of Washington, DC. There are LOTS of amazing art galleries to visit (for free!), so you should definitely check them out the next time you take a trip to the city.
4) I'm a huge fan of the Baltimore Orioles. I was so excited when they made it to the playoffs, but unfortunately they didn't make it to the World Series.
5) My favorite part of teaching art is talking with students about their work. I love to get a peek of what's going on in your head as you make artistic decisions and create amazing works of art!
What should you expect from me while I'm here? Well, I am here to learn from Mrs. Taylor, Mrs. Tieszen, and YOU! Being a student teacher is so valuable because it gives me real classroom experience. (In whatever field you want to go into, experience will be your best teacher. Take advantage of those opportunities!) Already I've been working with the 7th graders on drawing (and eating) fruit and the 8th graders on painting in the style of Pop Art. Mrs. Taylor and I are in the process of planning some projects that I'm super excited about, using materials like clay and printmaking, and talking about the functionality of art and how art can make change in society.
As I have gotten to know you more, you all have already impressed me with your insight and abilities! I look forward to continuing to work with you through December!
Teaching art is my passion and my students are the reason I love what I do! What a privilege to work with our young artists and witness their excitement and growth throughout the year! I'm looking forward to starting this year because of the enthusiasm expressed by students and parents alike at our open house!
Welcome Hillyard Artists!
I am excited for this school year! I look forward to working with and getting to know my art students. As we begin our journey together this year we look for your best efforts each day. Only through practice do we gain skill and grow!